Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Autumn!

Ahh!  The bliss of knowing summer's over.  Not to say we won't get more hot weather, but at least there's light at the end of the heat tunnel.

Even the sound of the word makes me feel happy.  And putting a blanket on the bed last night and snuggling in under it was so good.  Putting a woolly jumper on this morning was bliss.  Although I do think I'm probably dressed warmer today than most people on account of how I feel.

The doctor tells me I have a kidney infection.  Which is quite a relief to me, as I was fairly convinced that I was dying from bubonic plague.  It's been a very long time since I have felt quite so second hand.  Consequently, no gardening is being done, I have cross-stitched some more, Poppy and I have chatted about the price of fish and other current affairs and we have practiced our evil laughs together.




A persimmon growing on the persimmon tree.  Last year, it was loaded and the flying foxes ate every single one before they ripened.  This year, I will pick them and ripen them inside the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment