Friday, October 15, 2010

The quest is on . . .

to find the perfect cupped Reine de Victoria bloom!

Is it this one?


Maybe not.


Could be this one . . .


no, I think its this one!  Then again . . .



The aquilegias are all coming out in flower, despite their lack of care and attention over winter.


As well as purple and blue, I have dusky pink ones and white ones flowering.


Not a very good photo, but I'm kind of charmed by the white foxglove flowering behind Lucetta.


Here's something not so charming!  This is what happens when one doesn't prune one's roses.  They grow all long and caney, with the green leaves at the far end, and then they bloom up by the guttering where you can't enjoy them.  Note to self - next year, I will prune all the roses, I really will . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment