Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spring again . . . .

and the roses have started to bloom.  There is a line of demarcation in the garden where I was pruning roses, one each day, until I broke my leg - short roses to the left, tall straggly roses to the right.

We've had some hot days lately, everything is very dry, I wish it would really rain.  We had a small shower overnight, but we so need a good solid day's rain.

The fragrance of the roses is in the air -


My favourite rose in the garden, DA Lucetta . . .


My not so favourite, Reine des Violettes . . .


My least favourite, Reine Victoria, showing signs of the warm winds of last week.  My forced sitting inside for the last almost two months has started my thinking that the whole front garden needs re-doing.  Things need to be moved so that there's a bit more structure to form and colour scheme, the soil needs a boost with a good addition of compost and Reine Victoria is going on the burning pile!


Clematis on the archway on the side gate.  The crummy archway is once again on a precarious lean and I think one more gust of southerly wind will bring the whole lot down.  The fish pond nearby is looking so dilapidated, it needs a good clean out but worse still, seems to be leaking water.  The fish still appear every time I go near, anxious for food - they would eat all day.

In the meantime, the cast is off my leg, and I'm waiting for the swelling to go down.  I'm having physiotherapy and trying to get myself walking properly.  My ankle is stiff, but I'm not sure how much of the limp is in my ankle and how much is in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment