Monday, August 12, 2013

Whoa!!

I wish I could describe how windy it is here today.

Does this give you an idea?



The casuarinas bending over sideways in an effort to throw as many needles into the pool.




The pepper tree doing the same.



The was one of Mum's pot plants.  We called it 'the family aspidistra'.  Where Mum had it at the retirement village was in a totally shaded, protected spot and it was beautifully dark green and glossy leaved.  Here it gets the sun, probably too much sun and the full force of the wind, particularly on a day like today.  It has blown completely off it's wheelie thing and I will struggle to get it back on again.



I've been sheltering in the sewing room, doing stuff, and looked up just in time to see this happen outside.  Luckily it fell away from the fence.

This morning, the two dogs were picked up at 7.30am for a half day at the spa.  I actually thought they would be there all day, given the ratty, knotty hairdo's they've been sporting lately.  But the super efficient lady said they would be back by 1pm and they were, right on the dot.



Don't think Merlin appreciates his haircut.  He came back in very grumpily.



Try as I might, I cannot get a photo of these two dogs sitting up side by side.  This is about as close as I could get.

So I'm sewing today, and listening to the walls shuddering against the wind.  I figure nothing catastrophic is going to happen, given that Ewan McGregor is in there, snoring his head off beneath the rattling window.



Posting this while the power is still on.








3 comments:

  1. It's blowing a gale here too ... so far the trees have remained upright ... fingers crossed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having rain, rain, rain, little wind at the moment though. Gets quite frightening doesn't it. Stay safe. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rae, thank you for your comments, we usually say the August winds come and blow the winter away - this year we haven't HAD a winter. It's been positively balmy, is that the same where you are? Makes me a bit worried about what summer's going to be like though! xx

      Delete